Subtitle Edit is a free editor for video subtitles – a subtitle editor. The source code is freely available too
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video and much more.
For a list of features see below or check out the Subtitle Edit Help page.
- Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed).
- Create/adjust subtitle lines
- Translation helper (for manual translation)
- Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, and more
- Import VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles (code is ripped from Subtitle Creator by Erik Vullings/Manusse)
- Can read and write UTF-8 and other unicode files (besides ANSI)
- Show texts earlier/later
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors wizard
- Remove text for hear impaired
- Swedish to danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online)
- Google translation built-in
- Spell checking via Open Office dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available)
- Effects: Typewriter and karoake
- Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files
- History/undo manager
- Compare subtitles
- Multiple search and replace
Home Page http://www.nikse.dk/se/